Crime scene

DUNDALK — A Friday police chase starting in Dundalk led to the arrest of a man and woman who had allegedly stolen the car at knifepoint earlier this month.

Jamie M. Meinschein, 44, of Sykesville, and Nicholas Buckingham, 41, of Baltimore City were detained on Friday after the chase, which began in the area of the Royal Farms store in Old Dundalk just before 7 p.m.

Charging papers say an officer observed a white Ford passenger van with temporary tags, and found that the tags belonged on a Tesla sedan.

While the officer attempted a stop, Buckingham, who was identified as the driver of the van, allegedly fled.

Aviation units followed the fleeing van as it entered the Baltimore City limits, according to charging papers, which say the pair made it to an address in the Waverly neighborhood and switched to another car before fleeing again, making it a bit further until the tires blew out and they were surrounded.

Officers later found out the Camry had been stolen in an armed carjacking earlier this month, where a woman told police she had been putting away groceries at the Sam’s Club off Petrie Way, when a man and a woman approached her with a knife and stole her vehicle, charging papers say.

The man approached and put a six-to-eight-inch knife to the woman’s side, and told her to “Keep quiet and get out of the car, don’t make any noise,” charging papers allege.

Lawmen determined through surveillance footage that was Buckingham and Meinschein, charging papers say.

When the pair was interviewed at the police precinct in Dundalk, Buckingham “pretended to fall asleep and stay asleep” as he was being read his miranda rights.

They were both charged with armed carjacking, first-degree assault and armed robbery among other charges.

Buckingham also faces traffic offenses for both the chase, and as the van was determined to have a fraudulent registration.

Neither of the two have an attorney listed.

Carjacking charges to be dropped

In an unrelated carjacking case, prosecutors have decided to drop carjacking charges against a 19-year-old following a case where he had allegedly driven when a 17-year-old allegedly took a car back by force.

Brandon W. Clark, 19, was released from jail last week, and prosecutors filed a notice they would not prosecute the case.

Clark was accused of being involved in an alleged carjacking where he, a 17-year-old boy, a man named “Rex” and the woman who owned the car, went to take a car from back from D’Amontae Armstrong, who had been driving it.

The 17-year-old was accused of beating Armstrong for the Keys.