Dundalk High School
- Co-Ed Bingo sponsored by the Athletic Boosters of Dundalk High School at the school, 1901 Delvale Ave. from 6 to 10:30 p.m. on Feb. 9. Tickets cost $15 before Jan 1, 2019, $20 after or $25 at the door. Doors open at 6pm. Prizes to include but not limited to designer bags, power tools and other items. Concessions available. No ATM on school grounds. Vendors will be announced once confirmed. To purchase tickets, contact Isabel: at 443-790-9189 or Shelly at 443-632-7666. Proceeds benefit the Athletic Department of Dundalk High School.
Team BCPS Day: How will you go blue?
- Every year, on the second Thursday of January, this year on Jan. 10, BCPS celebrates Team BCPS Day. It’s a day to celebrate the quality and impact of BCPS schools. Students, teachers, administrators, staff, alumni, business partners, and other Team BCPS members take photos wearing blue clothing and share those images on social media using #BCPSblue. Awards will be given for images in various categories including youngest/oldest Team BCPS member, image sent from farthest away, most Team BCPS spirit, and more. Be creative! Start thinking now about how you will go blue!
BCPS special education teacher job fair to be held on Jan. 11
- Baltimore County Public Schools, the nation’s 25th largest school system, is looking for talented, dedicated special education teachers (all exceptionalities). A job fair will be held on Friday, Jan. 11, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (snow date Monday, Jan. 14) at the Holiday Inn, 9615 Deereco Road. Candidates are also sought for speech pathologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing, and teachers of the visually impaired. Benefits offered by BCPS include health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, and paid leave. No registration is required for the job fair. Interested candidates are asked to bring their resumes. Candidates can visit the job board, or contact Sally Barbieri at 443-809-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Special rates are available for those needing overnight accommodations. For Holiday Inn reservations, please call 800-235-3297 and mention the Special Education Job Fair for Baltimore County Public Schools.
Middle School Writing contest – open for entries!
- BCPS has announced the 22nd Annual Middle School Writing Contest. The deadline for entries is Friday, January 18. Winners will be notified in April and invited to attend a special award ceremony. The contest is open to all Baltimore County Public Schools students in Grades 6 to 8. Young writers are asked to submit their best and most polished works of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and/or personal essay. All submissions must be sent by mail to: Carver Center for Arts and Technology , c/o Suzanne Supplee, 938 York Road, Towson, MD 21204. For more, contact Suzanne Supplee at email@example.com or 443-809-2775.
BCPS seeks teachers for Career and Technology Education team!
- BCPS is looking for talented, dedicated teachers for Career and Technology Education courses. Candidates are sought to teach construction management, nursing, carpentry, electrical, culinary arts, CISCO, automotive services, technology education, engineering, business education, school to career and family and consumer sciences (food and nutrition). A job fair will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 22, from 4 to 6 p.m. (snow date Jan. 29 from 4 to 6 p.m.) at Loch Raven High School, 1212 Cowpens Ave. Benefits offered by BCPS include health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, and paid leave. No registration is required for the job fair. Interested candidates are asked to bring their resumes. Candidates can explore job opportunities online, or contact Tiffany Harris at 443-809-4453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Staff Hiring Event
- Support Staff Hiring Event, open by invitation only, will be held on Monday, Jan. 28, at Hunt Valley Workforce Development Center, 11101 McCormick Road, Suite 102, 21031. Those interested in attending must apply online for one or more of the following positions: Cafeteria Worker, Trainee Bus Driver, Trainee Bus Attendant, Building Service Worker or Groundsworker II. Visit the BCPS job board to apply.
Senior school volunteers wanted
- BCPS, in partnership with the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), is seeking volunteers over the age of 55 to assist in classrooms throughout Baltimore County. Volunteers support teachers with day to day tasks and encourage students to achieve. All volunteers must pass a background screening and complete an online orientation. For more information, or to register for the volunteer program, call 410-887-3101 or send an email to email@example.com.