• Write about Ateaze!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk or Ateaze Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to email@example.com!
• Quarter Auction
Friday, September 27, 6:00-9:00pm. Join us for a fun time as we raise money for the Ateaze Council. All ages welcome. Tickets are $5 for two paddles and entrance fee. Tickets can be purchased at the front desk.
• Thursday, September 19: 12:30 p.m. Fitness Orientation.
Mary Fox will orient you to the studio equipment so that you can get started on your journey to fitness. Must register in advance in the fitness room.
• Thursday, September 12: 12 p.m. No Senior Eats Alone Day. Help support our Senior Center initiative to reduce social isolation! Bring a friend or neighbor who usually eats alone for a meal, mingling and good conversation.
• Friday, September 13: 12-1 p.m. Hot Dogs and Bingo.
Have lunch and play Bingo. No need to sign up.
• Monday, September 16: 1:30-3:30 p.m. Get crafty with Beckie.
This month, members will paint the American flag onto crab shells. Sign up at the front desk. Only 25 spaces are available for this DIY class.
• Tuesday, September 17: 10-11 a.m. General Membership Meeting.
Stay informed about what’s going on with the center. Meet other members and find ways to be of service to the community.
• Tuesday, September 17: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Flu Shots.
Get your shot before the flu gets you. Get ahead of the game and get prepared for the colder weather ahead. See the flyer on the front desk for more details.
• Wednesday, September 18: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. AARP Safe Driving Course.
Learn additional safety driving techniques to be applied at any age. Completion of this course could save you money with your car insurance premium. Attendees must check with their car insurance providers to ensure savings are applicable. $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Sign up at the front desk, and pay the day of the course.
• Friday, September 20: 12:30 p.m. Movie, “Australia.”
Show up to the center and enjoy the movie “Australia,” a film set in northern Australia during World War II.
• Friday, September 20: 3-6 p.m. Happy Hour at Vinney’s.
Socialize with other members and friends at this offsite location.
• Sunday, September 22: 8 a.m. 5k run-walk and 1-mile walk. This year’s event is being held at the CCBC Essex campus. Help earn bonuses at the Ateaze Senior Center by registering as part of the Ateaze Team. Invite friends and family to join in the fun and make 2019 a banner year for Ateaze participation! All proceeds benefit BCDA fitness programs.
• Monday, September 23: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Building and Maintaining Good Credit.
Join Karen Ellifritz of First National Bank to learn about maintaining good credit through your older years.
• Tuesday, September 24: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Guided Imagery with Paula.
Using your imagine and guided techniques, learn to relax and get away from it all. See how you can greatly reduce stress with this useful tool. Sign up at the front desk ahead of time so staff knows for how many to set the room.
• Tuesday, September 24: 12:45 p.m. Crafting with Zoe.
Join Zoe to make scarecrow jars. This class is limited to 25 people. Sign up in advance.
• Wednesday, September 25: 9 a.m.-noon. Matter of Heart.
Stop by and visit the UMD nursing students who will be at the center to take blood pressures of members and participants. Students will also provide nutrition, heart, stroke, and blood pressure education information for older adults.
• Thursday, September 26: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Shipbuilder in Baltimore Harbor.
Join Willa Banks to learn about shipbuilding and how it shaped Baltimore Harbor. Sign up at the front desk by Sept. 23.
• Friday, September 27: 6-9 p.m. Quarter Auction.
Put the “fun” in fundraising with the annual Quarter Auction. All ages are welcome. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the first 50 tickets purchased will receive a free hot dog. Cost is $5 for entrance fee and two paddles.
• Monday, September 30: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Medicare Basics Ice Cream Social.
Join Lisa Solomon as she provides an update on changes to Medicare and the basics of Medicare. Must sign up by Sept. 25.
• Tuesday, October 15: Noon to 1 p.m. Volunteer Luncheon. Volunteers with a minimum of 20 hours are invited to this catered luncheon. More details TBA.
• Tuesday, October 29: Masquerade Ball! 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dress in costume! Enjoy a catered lunch & live entertainment. Tickets: $12 members/$15 non-members.
• Thursday, November 7: Veteran’s Day Luncheon. Noon to 1 p.m. BBQ ribs, cornbread, green beans, & potato salad. Free to veterans. $5 for non-veterans.
• Thursday, November 21: Gobble ‘til you Wobble. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A “Friendsgiving” with a fried chicken lunch from Redner’s. Tickets are $7 for members/$10 for non-members.
• Sunday, December 8: Ateaze Christmas Tree Lighting! 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, open to everyone of all ages! See Santa, enjoy crafts, cocoa, & more!
• Monday, December 23: Brunch with Santa from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bring the Grandkids & enjoy a nice meal together! See Santa! Cost is $5 for adults. Kids come & eat for free!
• Thursday, December 19: Holiday Gala. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy a catered lunch from Glenmore, followed by live entertainment by Mr. Charisma. $12 for members.
Ateaze Trips for 2019: 410-285-0481 Call for Reservations
Wednesday, September 4: Delaware Park Casino – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Cost is $30 with a $30 Bonus.
Sunday, September 15 to Thursday, September 19: New Hampshire – Double is $826 and the single price is $1036. Take in the clouds, Golden Pond, cruise, Loon Mt Sky ride, and the Winnipesaukee Railroad dinner train & feast.
Thursday, October 10 at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre from 9:30am-5:00pm. See “The Will Rogers Follies”; the rags to riches story of America’s beloved humorist who spun, poked fun at headlines and never met a man he didn’t like. Cost is $88.
Wednesday, November 6 – Delaware Park Casino – 9:00am-5:00pm. This is your last chance of the year to play the slots. Cost is $30 w/a $30 bonus!
A full event calendar can be found at the center or online.