• Write about Ateaze!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk or Ateaze Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org!
• Baltimore Belles at Chesterwood Park
Thursday, August 8, 11:30am-2:30pm. Join the Baltimore Belles of Dundalk and enjoy grilling out with some good food! Make new friends while you are enjoying yourself. Must sign up at front desk by August 1st.
• Artists & Crafters Wanted
August 12, Ateaze is hosting its annual Art Exhibit and Contest. We invite you to submit your work for the competition. There are seven categories this year, and the winner of each category will go on to compete in the 2019 Senior Expo Art Contest in October. Please stop by the front desk for a complete list of rules and an entry form.
• Orioles Game
Wednesday, August 14 at 1:05pm in the Lobby. Come watch the game with us as they play the New York Yankees. Free popcorn, peanuts, Cracker Jacks (and cheering) included.
• Pet Connection
Tuesday, August 20, 10:30-11:30am in Room 119. A discussion on the importance of keeping pets and using your idle time to walk around the yard, complex or mall with your pet, to overcome loneliness and isolation. Pet Connection assists seniors in making plans for where to keep their pets when they can no longer care for them. Sign up at front desk by Tuesday, August 13.
• Building Good Credit
Wednesday, August 21, 10:30-11:30am in the Annex. Karen Ellifritz of First National Bank will cover how to protect your identity and give examples of how your identity can be stolen and what to do if you are a victim. Learn how to avoid fraud and what the current scams are in your area. Sign up at front desk by August 14.
• Movie Matinee
Friday, August 23 at 12:30pm. Come join us for this remake on an American class movie, “Dumbo” (2019).
• Red Cross Volunteer Services
Tuesday, August 27, 10:00-11:00am in Room 119. Learn about the work of the Red Cross and how you too can be a hero bringing hope to others. Must sign up at front desk by Tuesday, August 20.
• Quarter Auction
Friday, September 27, 6:00-9:00pm. Join us for a fun time as we raise money for the Ateaze Council. All ages welcome. Tickets are $5 for two paddles and entrance fee. Tickets can be purchased at the front desk.
• Monday, August 26: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Waterman’s Crab Feast! Menu: Steamed Male Crabs, Maryland Crab Soup, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Sliced Watermelon, Cheese Tray, BBQ Chicken, Hot Roast beef in Gravy, Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, Pretzels, Chips, Dinner Rolss, Butter Tabs, Cinnamon Sheet Cake. Sodas and water provided. You are encouraged to bring you own beer. We will have a limited number of beers and near beer. Light Music. Please note, cafeteria will NOT open until 10:45 a.m. for seating the day of, and will be closed at 11 a.m. on the Friday before for set up. Cost is $35/members, $40 for non-members. Tickets on sale Monday, July 15. Must sign up in advance at front desk; limited space available.
• Wednesday, Sept. 11: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Fall Sidewalk Sale!
Don’t miss great deal at our bi-annual sidewalk sale! All ages welcome. Don’t miss the Health Fair and flu shots that coincide with this event!
• Thursday, September 12: 12 p.m. No Senior Eats Alone Day. Help support our Senior Center initiative to reduce social isolation! Bring a friend or neighbor who usually eats alone for a meal, mingling and good conversation.
• Friday, September 27: 6 to 9 p.m. Ateaze Quarter Auction! All proceeds from this evening event support Ateaze! Limited tickets available. More details TBA.
• Tuesday, October 15: Noon to 1 p.m. Volunteer Luncheon. Volunteers with a minimum of 20 hours are invited to this catered luncheon. More details TBA.
• Tuesday, October 29: Masquerade Ball! 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dress in costume! Enjoy a catered lunch & live entertainment. Tickets: $12 members/$15 non-members.
• Thursday, November 7: Veteran’s Day Luncheon. Noon to 1 p.m. BBQ ribs, cornbread, green beans, & potato salad. Free to veterans. $5 for non-veterans.
• Thursday, November 21: Gobble ‘til you Wobble. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A “Friendsgiving” with a fried chicken lunch from Redner’s. Tickets are $7 for members/$10 for non-members.
• Sunday, December 8: Ateaze Christmas Tree Lighting! 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, open to everyone of all ages! See Santa, enjoy crafts, cocoa, & more!
• Monday, December 23: Brunch with Santa from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bring the Grandkids & enjoy a nice meal together! See Santa! Cost is $5 for adults. Kids come & eat for free!
• Thursday, December 19: Holiday Gala. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy a catered lunch from Glenmore, followed by live entertainment by Mr. Charisma. $12 for members.
Ateaze Trips for 2019: 410-285-0481 Call for Reservations
Wednesday, September 4: Delaware Park Casino – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Cost is $30 with a $30 Bonus.
Sunday, September 15 to Thursday, September 19: New Hampshire – Double is $826 and the single price is $1036. Take in the clouds, Golden Pond, cruise, Loon Mt Sky ride, and the Winnipesaukee Railroad dinner train & feast.
Thursday, October 10 at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre from 9:30am-5:00pm. See “The Will Rogers Follies”; the rags to riches story of America’s beloved humorist who spun, poked fun at headlines and never met a man he didn’t like. Cost is $88.
Wednesday, November 6 – Delaware Park Casino – 9:00am-5:00pm. This is your last chance of the year to play the slots. Cost is $30 w/a $30 bonus!
A full event calendar can be found at the center or online.