• Write about Ateaze!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk or Ateaze Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to email@example.com!
• Quarter Auction
Friday, September 27, 6:00-9:00pm. Join us for a fun time as we raise money for the Ateaze Council. All ages welcome. Tickets are $5 for two paddles and entrance fee. Tickets can be purchased at the front desk.
• Thursday, Oct. 17: 10 a.m.-noon. Decorate a pumpkin.
Get in the holiday mood with this spooky fun class. Must sign up by Oct. 10
• 10:45 a.m. Kyla Duhart, H.O.P.E. (Happiness, Optimism, Positivity, Empowerment) Group
Kyla is a licensed social worker. Come and explore ways of living life fully and coping with whatever comes your way. No need to sign up, just show up.
• 11:00-11:45 a.m. Best things in life.
Come to this lively and interactive discussion about the brighter aspects of aging. Must sign up in advance in the program binder at the front door.
• 12:30 p.m. Fitness Orientation
Mary Fox will orient you to the fitness equipment in the studio so that you can get started on your journey to fitness. Must register in advance in fitness room.
• Friday, Oct. 18: 12:45 p.m. Documentary, Eating You Alive.
This documentary outlines the benefits of a plant-based diet. Free popcorn will be provided.
• Monday, October 21: 1-3 p.m. Afternoon social with Joey McCann.
Joey will get you on the dance floor while he spins some of your favorite tunes. Members may invite friends and loved ones. Admission is $2.
• Tuesday, October 22: 12:45 p.m. Crafting with Zoe
Join Zoe to make pumpkin toilet paper covers. This activity is limited to 25 people. Must sign up by Oct. 15.
• Thursday, October 24: 10:30 a.m. Basic meditation with Paula
Give yourself the gift of a basic meditation class. Get comfortable and clear your head with some simple practices.
• Friday, October 25: 12:30-2 p.m. “Fantasicly” Fun Fridays.
Start the weekend off with a smile. Fantastic Fridays are here. Bobby Basset will entertain with melodic sax and vocals. Must sign up by Oct. 18.
• 3-6 p.m. Happy hour at MD Blue Crab House.
Socialize with other members and friends at this off-site location.
• Monday, October 28: 1:30-3:30 p.m. Get crafty with Beckie.
This month, members will create jewelry holders from mallets. Only 25 spaces are available.
• Tuesday, October 29: Masquerade Ball! 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dress in costume! Enjoy a catered lunch & live entertainment. Tickets: $12 members/$15 non-members.
• Wednesday, October 30: Senior Expo. The center will be closed.
Members are encouraged to attend this event at the Timonium Fairgrounds.
• Thursday, October 31: 12:45 p.m. Halloween movie, “Hocus Pocus.”
This American fantasy comedy-horror will get you “in the mood” for Halloween adventures. Free snacks for those who sign up by Oct. 24.
• Thursday, November 7: Veteran’s Day Luncheon. Noon to 1 p.m. BBQ ribs, cornbread, green beans, & potato salad. Free to veterans. $5 for non-veterans.
• Thursday, November 21: Gobble ‘til you Wobble. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A “Friendsgiving” with a fried chicken lunch from Redner’s. Tickets are $7 for members/$10 for non-members.
• Sunday, December 8: Ateaze Christmas Tree Lighting! 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, open to everyone of all ages! See Santa, enjoy crafts, cocoa, & more!
• Monday, December 23: Brunch with Santa from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bring the Grandkids & enjoy a nice meal together! See Santa! Cost is $5 for adults. Kids come & eat for free!
• Thursday, December 19: Holiday Gala. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy a catered lunch from Glenmore, followed by live entertainment by Mr. Charisma. $12 for members.
Ateaze Trips for 2019: 410-285-0481 Call for Reservations
Thursday, October 10 at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre from 9:30am-5:00pm. See “The Will Rogers Follies”; the rags to riches story of America’s beloved humorist who spun, poked fun at headlines and never met a man he didn’t like. Cost is $88.
Wednesday, November 6 – Delaware Park Casino – 9:00am-5:00pm. This is your last chance of the year to play the slots. Cost is $30 w/a $30 bonus!
A full event calendar can be found at the center or online.