• Write about Ateaze!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk or Ateaze Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org!
• Thursday, June 13: Weight Management: 10:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Join Ann Delaro as she discusses weight management and how to maintain a healthy weight. Make sure to sign up at the front desk in advance. Minimum of five people required.
• Thursday, June 13: Medicare Basics: 12:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. SHIP will be conducting a presentation regarding the Medicare basics: when and how to enroll, what does Medicare cover, how it works, retiree health benefits, and Medigaps vs. Medicare HMOs. Must sign up in advance at the front desk.
• Friday, June 14: Hot Dogs & Bingo: Noon in the cafeteria. Enjoy a $2 hot dog lunch with friends, then stay for some bingo. Bingo begins promptly at 12:45 p.m. Bingo cards are 50 cents each with special prize packs at $1 for five games.
• Tuesday, June 18: General Membership Meeting: 10 a.m. in the cafeteria. Come find out what’s next for Ateaze. Get informed and learn about what is happening in the center.
• Tuesday, June 18: Senior Social Isolation: 10:30 a.m. in Room 119. Join Robin Zahor and learn interesting facts, causes, risk factors and ways to prevent this silent killer. Limited space, just sign up at the front desk by Friday, June 14.
• Tuesday, June 18: Adventures in Backyard Astronomy: 12:45 p.m. in the cafeteria. Join center member and backyard astronomer Michael as he takes us to places far, far away. One lucky participant will walk away with a beautiful, one-of-a-kind photograph of the Running Man Nebula.
• Wednesday, June 19: Gun Safety with Detective Dietsch: Wednesday, June 19, at 10:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Gun safety is so important in this day and age. Owning a gun is not enough; you need proper education about them.
• Thursday, June 20: Best Things in Life: 11:00 to 11:45 a.m. in Room 119. Come to this lively and interactive discussion about the brighter aspects of aging. Must sign up in the program binder at the front desk.
• Thursday, June 20: Ask the Expert: 1:00 p.m. in Room 119. This is a free class for pet parents who are interested in learning more about their pets. Receive tips for dealing with behavior issues that you may be facing, but please leave your pets at home! Must sign up in advance in the program binder at the front desk.
• Monday, June 24: Fur, Feathers, Scales: 10:30 a.m. in the Cafeteria. This is an educational intergenerational activity. We invite you to bring your grandchildren, children or neighbors. Anyone interested in learning about animals is welcome! Must sign up in the program binder at the front desk.
• Wednesday, June 26: Laughing with Grandparents: 10:30 a.m. in the Cafeteria. Kick off summer with a laugh. This intergenerational activity will have you and your little ones laughing and bonding. Come with or without grandchildren. Liam Laughter is a hit with all ages!
• Thursday, June 27: Home Safety Fall Prevention: 10:00 a.m. in the Cafeteria. This 60-minute workshop will teach you the following:
Why is fall prevention important; what happens when people fall? What are fall risks? Learn how to decrease your risks from falls and make your home a safer place! Must sign up at the front desk is you plan to attend.
• Thursday, June 27: Karaoke Jamboree: 12:30 p.m. in the MPR. Join us for an afternoon of Karaoke and friendship. You must get your ticket for this event and we are looking for people to sing! Tickets are $2 and can be purchased at the front desk.
• Friday, June 28: Pizza & Movie: Noon in the Cafeteria. Enjoy a pizza lunch at noon followed by the movie “The Green Book’. Purchase your $4 ticket at the front desk by Wednesday, June 26 if you plan to attend.
• Friday, June 28: Happy Hour: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Join us at Seahorsse Inn for a fun, off-site get together. Make sure you mingle with your fellow senior center members at attend! Bring friends; the more the merrier!
Ateaze Trips for 2019: 410-285-0481 Call for Reservations
Thursday, July 25: Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum – 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Enjoy lunch at the Crab Claw Restaurant, cruise on the Patriot and arrive at the museum for a tour. Cost is $98.
Thursday, August 22: Kentmorr Crab House – 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A trip across the Bay Bridge for crabs, fried chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, and a bowl of crab soup. Cost is $67.
Wednesday, September 4: Delaware Park Casino – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Cost is $30 with a $30 Bonus.
Sunday, September 15 to Thursday, September 19: New Hampshire – Double is $826 and the single price is $1036. Take in the clouds, Golden Pond, cruise, Loon Mt Sky ride, and the Winnipesaukee Railroad dinner train & feast.