• Write about Ateaze!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk or Ateaze Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org!
• Thursday, November 14: Baltimore Belles Anniversary. Noon-2 p.m. The Baltimore Belles are celebrating their one-year anniversary at the center. Come out and congratulate them.
• Thursday, November 14: TimeSlips. 1:45 p.m. Join Zoe as you create a storyline centered around various pictures. Sign up at the front desk by Nov. 7.
• Friday, November 15: Craft class with Kathy and Cherie. 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Join fellow members as you decorate and create turkeys from pinecones. Sign up at the front desk by Nov. 7.
• Friday, November 15: Mitten Tree Decorating. 10 a.m.-noon. Get in the charitable mood with this giving tree. Add your mitten donation as the center begins decorating for Christmas.
•Monday, November 18: Get crafty with Becky. 1:30-3:30 p.m. This month you can create clay pot gingerbread houses. Sign up at the front desk. This DIY class is limited to 25 spaces.
• Tuesday, November 19: Fall Nutrition Program. 10:30-11:30 a.m. Join Ann Delaro from the nutrition department as she shares information about an anti-inflammation diet. Sign up at the front desk by Nov. 12.
• Wednesday, November 20: Introduction to social media. 10-10:45 a.m. Staff from the Baltimore County Public Library will introduce the basics of social media. Facebook, Instagram and twitter will be covered. Sign up by Nov. 13.
• Wednesday, November 20: HAACP Training. 11 a.m. Assistant director Paula will present the basics of good hygiene when working with food. Sign up by Nov. 13.
• Thursday, November 21: Gobble ‘til you Wobble. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A “Friendsgiving” with a fried chicken lunch from Redner’s. Tickets are $7 for members/$10 for non-members.
• Friday, November 22: Line dance party. 1-3 p.m. Joey Calato will get you on the dance floor and entertain with dancing and karaoke, all for a $2 fee. Sign up at the front desk by Nov. 14.
• Tuesday, November 26: Mindful meditation with Paula. 10:30-11:30 a.m. Learn the basics of reducing stress. Enjoy this activity with like-minded members. Must sign up at the front desk by Nov. 19.
• Wednesday, November 27: Massage. 9 a.m. Did you know that massage is not only helpful to your mind and body, but is extremely affordable? For $16 for a 25-minute massage. Pay at the front desk in order to reserve your space.
Medicare Open Enrollment — Part D. 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Open enrollment is your time to search for the best and least expensive prescription drug plan for 2020. Bring the following with you: list of prescriptions (with dosage and frequency), Medicare and other health insurance cards, knowledge of gross income for eligibility requirements.
• Thursday, November 28: All senior centers will be closed for Thanksgiving.
• Friday, November 29: Movie, Mistress America. 12:45 p.m. A college freshman cures her disappointment and loneliness by allowing herself to be pulled into the whacky schemes of her future stepsister. Free popcorn. No need to sign up. Just show up.
• Sunday, December 8: Ateaze Christmas Tree Lighting! 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, open to everyone of all ages! See Santa, enjoy crafts, cocoa, & more!
• Monday, December 23: Brunch with Santa from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bring the Grandkids & enjoy a nice meal together! See Santa! Cost is $5 for adults. Kids come & eat for free!
• Thursday, December 19: Holiday Gala. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy a catered lunch from Glenmore, followed by live entertainment by Mr. Charisma. $12 for members.
Ateaze Trips for 2019: 410-285-0481 Call for Reservations
Thursday, October 10 at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre from 9:30am-5:00pm. See “The Will Rogers Follies”; the rags to riches story of America’s beloved humorist who spun, poked fun at headlines and never met a man he didn’t like. Cost is $88.
Wednesday, November 6 – Delaware Park Casino – 9:00am-5:00pm. This is your last chance of the year to play the slots. Cost is $30 w/a $30 bonus!
A full event calendar can be found at the center or online.