• “Ted Talk: What is Melatonin?” will be held Monday, Jan. 3, at 1 p.m. Find out more about the hormone that tells our brains and bodies it’s time for sleep. Come listen to what sleep scientist, Matt Walker, has to say about this supplement.
• National Trivia Day is Tuesday, Jan. 4, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Ready for some friendly competition? Let’s learn new things and have some fun with trivia. Small prizes awarded for participants.
• Cash Bingo is running Wednesdays, January 5, 12, 19, 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. Join fellow members as you play one of the center’s favorite games of all time! Good luck to all!
• Talk about New Year’s Resolutions on Thursday, Jan. 6, 11 to 11:45 a.m. Join social workers Kyla Duhart and Maureen Hulse to discuss different types of New Year’s Resolutions for older adults and ways to successfully achieve new goals.
• Security Lighting with Officer Dietsch will be held Friday, January 7, 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Officer Bryan Dietsch continues to keep the community safe by providing these various tips. This month learn how lighting can be a deterrent for criminals.
• Home Team Program is on Thursday, Jan. 13, from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Kathleen Brown will discuss the Home Team Program and how you can get involved with your community and give back. If you are looking to volunteer this could be a perfect fit!• Crafting with Cherie & Kathy will be held Friday, Jan. 14, 10 a.m. to noon. Make and take a snow-glove with these creative volunteers! Don’t know what a ‘snow-glove’ is? You will after this class. Also be prepared to enjoy an edible craft. Hybrid class; please ask a staff person for link.• Hot Dogs & Bingo will run on Friday, Jan. 14, from noon to 3 p.m. We’re back!! Join fellow members as you play one of the favorite games of all time! Bingo cards are $3. Please note, must sign-up for meal in advance.• The New Year’s Bash will be held Thursday, Jan. 20, from noon to 3 p.m. Help us celebrate a New Year w/ Bruce Thomas singing your favorite song followed by a delicious meal provided by Cruisers. Cost $10.00• Pets on Wheels will be held Thursday, Jan. 20, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Chrissy Polchito and her Pug-Chihuahua mix, Lenny, will be making monthly visits to us! If you are a ‘furry’ fan, we highly recommend that you come out for some warmth and companionship—he packs a lot into the hour that he shares with us.• PALS (People Adjusting to Life Situations) will meet Thursday, January 20, 11 a.m. to noon. Maureen of Hope Health leads discussions about mental health and day to day issues from an older adult’s perspective. As you address changes in your life, allow this group to support you.• Create a “vision board” on Friday, Jan. 21, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Make and take a collage of images and words to tie in with your new year resolutions. See how visualizing can bring dreams and goals to fruition. Please bring magazines to cut out images and personal photos you would like to include on your board.• Meet with the library on Monday, Jan. 24, 11 a.m. to noon. Join Baltimore County Public Library staff as they answer your general questions regarding smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Find out how to browse the web and e-mail using these devices.• Free blood pressure screenings will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 25, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Staff from Home Instead Healthcare will be here monthly to take your blood pressure. They will also provide a tracker to help you monitor your blood pressure readings. Stay in the healthy range by coming out and seeing what your numbers say!• The Monthly Birthday Celebration date is Thursday, Jan. 27, 12:30 to 12:45 p.m. Come celebrate your birthday with cake or sing ‘happy birthday’ to others. Cake generously donated by Weis on Holabird Avenue. First come, first served. (Cake to be enjoyed in the cafeteria only, please).• Happy Hour at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood will be held Friday, Jan. 28, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Meet up with other members and bring new friends for conversation, light fare and cocktails! Seating is first come, first served basis and checks are each individual’s responsibility.• Learn about the Civic Works Energy Program on Monday, January 31, 10:30 a.m. — 11:30 a.m. April Patterson will be here to help you take advantage of the Weatherization Program. The goal is to make it easy, affordable, and comfortable to increase the energy in your home.• Work out in the Fitness Center, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Make getting in shape your goal for before summer comes at Ateaze’s Fitness Center. Membership is $25.00 for 3 months/$100 per year. Treadmills, recumbent bikes, elliptical, leg curl and more.
January 13, 2022
Over 2,500 of the area’s best paying slot machines plus live table games.
Cost: $35.00 ($30 back)
Sight and Sound Theater “David”
Wednesday, March 22, 2022
See the story of David who slew Goliath and became king in colorful splendor.
Old Farm House Tea Room
Thursday, April 14, 2022
Enjoy a wonderful variety of tea and a delicious meal.
For more information call the Travel Office at 410-285-4851.