• Write about Edgemere!
Do you have a favorite memory of Dundalk, Edgemere or Edgemere Senior Center? Write to The Dundalk Eagle! Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org!
•Thursday, March 5: New membership orientation 9:30 a.m.
ome and learn about the Edgemere Senior and resources available through BCDA with Center Director Grace McDowell, followed by a guided tour of the center.
• Friday, March 6: Franks and fries 11:30 a.m.
Enjoy French fries and hot dogs before a rousing game of Bingo. Cost: $1 each.
• Monday, March 9: Seated chair massage 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Massages by Doug Wittich, Licensed Massage Therapist. $8 for a 15-minute massage or double your time for $16. Take some time to relax and pamper yourself before you move on with your week. Payment due at time you reserve your appointment.
• Tuesday, March 10: Membership meeting 10 a.m.
The Edgemere Senior Center Council invites you to the bi-monthly council membership meeting. This is your opportunity to find out what is your council is doing for you and the center. It is your chance to voice your concerns, suggestions and ideas.
• Wednesday, March 11: Book of the Month Club 1 p.m.
Join in a lively and interactive book discussion. This month’s book is The Alice Network by Kate Quinn, about a World War II female resistance group. New members are always welcome.
Travel with Edgemere Senior Center
• March 5: Dutch Apple Theater, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The story of two aging men, Max and John, neighbors who have been feuding for most of their lives. They are re-united in friendship through the love and compassion of their new neighbor across the street beautiful eccentric and charming Ariel. Price: $92.
• April 8: Live! Casino/Do or Die Murder Mystery, Glen Burnie, Maryland
After spending four hours at Arundel Mills Casino, we will enjoy a delicious dinner at the Sunset Restaurant. Following dinner, there will be an interactive murder mystery, Death by Taxes. Price: $90.
• May 19-20: Atlantic City Resorts Hotel, Atlantic City, New Jersey
Price: $155.00 double occupancy or $210.00 single occupancy. On our return home, we will stop at Delaware Park for five hours. Trip includes $25 food coupon in Atlantic city, $15.00 “Resort” slots and $30.00 Delaware Park Slots.
Contact the Travel Office at 410-477-2141 for more information on any of our trips.
• Membership Registration/Re-Registration. Now is a good time to register or re-register for the center. You must be a current member to participate in classes, events and programs. Volunteers will be on hand in the library to assist you. Ask a friend to join with you.
• Donations of Jewelry Needed. The Edgemere Senior Center is accepting donations of jewelry for our gift shop. Your donations are very much appreciated.
• CASH BINGO!!! Every Friday 12:30 p.m. Join us for our weekly CASH BINGO with 23 games, specials and jack pot. Win $10 on regular games, $20 for specials and a chance for a growing jackpot. Snacks provided. You must be a member to play.
• Fitness Studio: Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Make getting in shape your goal for before summer comes at Edgemere’s Fitness Studio. Membership is $15.00 for three months. Treadmills, recumbent bikes, and fitness equipment.