DUNDALK — A storm tore through Dundalk and the Baltimore region on Saturday afternoon, blacking out power and knocking over trees through the region.

Southeast Baltimore County saw some of the most rainfall during the storm, and the National Weather Service estimated wind gusts of up to 60 mph, Luis Rosa, a meteorologist with the NWS, said this week.

Multiple roads were closed, and cars were stuck in high flood waters after heavy rainfall Saturday evening, when a total of 3.55” of rainfall was counted in Sparrows Point by a citizen observer, according to the NWS.

Power remained out for a long interval after the storm hit in certain areas.

“Over the weekend, about 41,000 people reported outages,” Richard Yost, a BGE spokesperson said. About 32,000 of those were Baltimore County residents, many of which were in the southeast.

Dustin Paugh, who lives in the Stanbrook neighborhood, saw a power line in the neighborhood get struck by lightning as he was watching out of his window on Saturday evening, around 5 p.m.

He said a power line then fell on Merritt Boulevard, and another at the intersection of Moorgate and Stanhope, which was energized. He caught a video of fire spitting out of the fallen line.

“It actually fell onto those peoples yard, and onto their truck,” Paugh, who happens to be an electrician, said. “It pretty much burned like a fuse, until it went up into the fence and that truck.”

He said the fire department and BGE showed up in the neighborhood relatively quickly, and the neighborhood had power back later that night as it was prioritized due to the danger.

Some houses in the neighborhood “didn’t get power until this morning,” he said on Monday.

Dundalk Plaza, the shopping center off Merritt Boulevard which includes an Aldi grocery store, a Planet Fitness and Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, was without power from Saturday until late on Monday, according to Mike Janes, the property manager.

All BGE customers who lost power during the storm on Saturday got it back by about 9 p.m. on Monday, Yost said.

Eastpoint Mall also closed early on Saturday, reopening as normal on Sunday. On social media, mallgoers shared photos of flooding at the mall.

Mall management did not respond to multiple calls for comment on the matter.