The Gray Manor Northshire Community Association is seeking to try and save the 2400 North Point Rd. property that borders Bread and Cheese Creek. The site has been identified by the National Park Service (ABPP) American Battlefield Protection Program as a core resource for the Battle of North Point that took place on Sept. 12, 1814.
The Old Defenders had reunions there for 75 years, well into the late 1880s. It was formerly a Methodist Meeting House site dating back to 1794. A second church building (Battle Ground Methodist Episcopal Church) later stood there at the time of the Battle of North Point. It was occupied by the Methodists from 1808-1887.
The congregation then moved over to Church Road and Wise Avenue and occupied a new Church Building (Patapsco United Methodist in 1887). The baptists next occupied the Old Meeting House Building until they constructed their own church building. There's always been a church grave yard there as long as anyone remembers.